In its second year, the Fox Trot 40 will fully encompass what it means to Ride Sun Valley. The point-to-point course will weave through 40 miles of trails in the Sawtooth National Recreational Area. Dramatic vistas will accompany burning legs and lungs as racers pedal some of Sun Valley’s top backcountry mountain bike trails. The race will be followed by the Finish Party at the Ride Sun Valley Expo Area in downtown Ketchum. The party will include live music, catering, a great raffle and awards.
Niner Fox Trot 40 Price
Distance: ~40 miles
Max Elevation: 9620 ft.
Overall Elevation Gain: 7960 ft.
Open: This category is for pro riders and very experienced racers.
Masters: This category is for highly competitive, but not professional level riders, over the age of 40.
Amateur: This category is for mountain bikers with varying levels of racing experience, including those with limited to no racing experience.
Masters Men 40+
Masters Women 40+
Juniors Men 13-18
Juniors Women 13-18
*Categories are subject to merge if fewer than 4 riders register in a category
- All athletes must check-in on Friday prior to the event. All athletes are required to attend Friday Rider Meeting. See athlete schedule for additional information.
- No parking is allowed at the start line or finish line. Shuttles will be provided from the Ride Sun Valley Expo.
- Timing chips will be placed on race plates. Athletes should not alter race plates in any way or risk finish times not being recorded.
- Number must be visible throughout the race.
- Results will be based on gun start times.
- All athletes are required to wear a helmet.
- Headphones are not allowed.
- Athletes are required to complete the entire course on the same bike.
- Athletes that do not complete the course will be considered a Did Not Finish (DNF).
- Athletes that do not finish the entire course must inform a Ride Sun Valley staff member that they are no longer on course.
- If an athlete exits the course and re-enters at a different location at any point during the event, they will be disqualified.
- It is the athlete’s responsibility to know where the course goes and to stay on the course at all times.
- Each athlete is expected to be considerate of other riders when passing or being passed. Athletes riding their bike have right-of- way over riders pushing their bikes.
- Athletes should always abide by the rules of the road and/or governing land agency.
- Littering will result in an automatic disqualification.
- Single speed racers must complete the race in the same gear in which they started.
- Awards will go to top three riders in each category.
- Any unsportsmanlike conduct is grounds for disqualification.
- The protest period is immediately following the race and up to 15 minutes following the posting of complete results. No protests will be accepted after this period.
- Decisions by the Race Director and event management are final.
- This is a self-supported event. Riders should carry water and food as necessary.
- There will be three aid stations with water on course and one aid station at the finish line for the Foxtrot 40.